Lupus/SLE Treatment in Mumbai
Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) or Lupus is one of the most important and complex auto-immune diseases. It typically affects women during their child-bearing age(15-45 years). Its manifestations are varied and it has the capacity to affect any organ system in the body. Dr.Dipti Patel Provides Treatment of Lupus in Mumbai. She has vast experience in treating conditions like Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, Gout, Osteoarthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia, and other complex inflammatory joint disorders as per latest clinical guidelines and evidence-based medicine. she is the best for Lupus/SLE Treatment in Mumbai.
Treatment of Lupus in Mumbai
What causes Lupus?
The exact cause of lupus is not known. Some people are born with certain genes which determine their predisposition to lupus. A number of other factors are known to trigger lupus attacks (although these things can trigger lupus, they may affect one person but not another person).
- Exposure to ultraviolet light, usually from sunlight, is known to trigger the disease and symptom flares.
- Hormonal factors are linked to autoimmune disease, though the link is poorly understood. There is some evidence that there is an increased risk of lupus with higher levels of estrogen (taken for fertility treatments, birth control pills or Hormone Replacement Therapy). There is also some data to show that post-menopausal women have a milder version of lupus.
- Some infections are suspected triggers. Viral infections like parvovirus B19 can cause a lupus flare. Other infectious agents that have been incriminated as probable causative factors include Hepatitis C Virus.
Symptoms of Lupus
It is typically characterized by varying symptoms and they come and go. The times when symptoms get worse are called relapses, or flares. The times when symptoms are not so bad are called remissions.
The usual presenting manifestations include persistent fever, oral ulcers, hair loss and facial rash. The facial rash occurs on the nose and either side of the face (malar area). Usually, the patients have been thoroughly investigated and often most common infectious fevers like malaria, typhoid or TB have either been ruled out or have been treated.
Lupus can involve any organ system either at onset or during the course of the illness.
When to seek immediate help/ warning signs?
If you are a diagnosed patient of Lupus, the following are the signs when you should contact your doctor immediately.
- Unexplained fever
- A cough with expectoration
- Burning urination
- Intense unexplained headache
If there are any new symptoms which bother you, kindly contact Dr.Dipti Patel, she is the Best Rheumatologist in Mumbai and she provides the best Treatment for Lupus in Mumbai.